Heating and air conditioning are two sides of any home comfort process. You need protection from hot and humid conditions during summers and from cold and freezing situations in winters. Apart from the automatic temperature and humidity control inside the buildings, especially homes, it is also important to ensure maximum healthy and safe environmental conditions with adequate level of air circulation. The following tips should be useful when you select a heating air conditioning Toronto contractor.
1. The heating air conditioning Toronto contractor that you employ should have proper compliance with all state and local regulations, such as valid heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) contracting license and adequate insurance coverage mandatory in the state.
2. You should allow the contractor to study the present heating and air conditioning system, if any and the history of its maintenance. You should also specifically inform the contractor about the places in your home that are quite uncomfortable. This information will help the contractor to analyze and understand your exact heating needs.
3. You could initially select three to five heating air conditioning Toronto contractors either through enquiry with your friends, neighbours, and colleagues for referrals of reliable contractors or through HVAC trade organisations and directories.
4. After identifying a few dependable HVAC contractors, you should visit their office to gauge their size of operation, behaviour of their staff and other related details to assess their expertise in this field.
5. You should then ask the heating air conditioning Toronto contractors to provide you with a list of their past customers with phone numbers or contact details. You should enquire about the performance levels of installation and service of each contractor and also find out whether the contractor was able to complete the contract within the estimated budget and on scheduled timeframe.
6. At this stage, you can narrow down the choice of the heating air conditioning Toronto contractor to at least two and find out in detail whether their products meet the ENERGY STAR efficiency guidelines and whether the contractors will be able to offer you any available rebates on such energy star rated equipment.
7. You should allow the contractors to inspect your home thoroughly and determine the required capacity of the heating and air conditioning equipment, as well as other related items such as proper insulation from air leaks and transmission of heat or cold from outside. You should obtain detailed quotation with itemized estimates and warranties, compare them and obtain a signed agreement with the most reliable contractor while awarding the work.
The above measures will ensure that you get the best heating air conditioning Toronto contractor at affordable levels.